Fresh home grown herbs

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Joe Mango

Living in Florida means year round home grown fresh herbs. My newest crop is just sprouting. Lots of basil, peppers, sage, and cilantro (of course). I’m even trying tarragon for the first time. I have good luck with everything except oregano. I love fresh herbs, there’s just no comparison with dried herbs for flavor.

Tim Reibling
    Tim Reibling
    Keymaster

Fresh home grown herbs are the best! My girlfriend grows basil, thyme, mint, dill, rosemary, parsley, lavender, miram, oregano and lemon balm on our balcony outside. I’m lucky she has a green thumb! Seriously, food tastes so much better with fresh herbs. I’ve never tried growing tarragon though…

Why do you have trouble growing oregano? It loves the sun!

Bestie
    Participant

I know many people who would love to be able to have their herbs all year long. Is Florida really the best place to grow them or any southern state?

Yum Food

Unfortunately, I can’t grow a bunch of herbs outside year round because the only warm seasons here are spring and summer, and even spring gets chilly sometimes. I would like to grow some herbs in my home though.

Spicychick

Well, I had fresh herbs until the snow we got this week. I think that they all bit the dust after having snow on them for the past three or four days.

Jenny

I have a few hardy herbs that survive the winters here but nothing like what you describe Tim. My plans are to start growing them in pots so they can survive the winter indoors.

ExecutiveChef
    Participant

I love fresh herbs, but I usually have to plant new ones every Spring. I tried to save some rosemary this year, and it may still make it but I should have gotten it in the ground instead of leaving it in the flower pot.

Anonymous

I can’t wait to grow some fresh herbs myself once spring starts (hopefully soon)!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.