Chefs Choice M463 Pronto Santoku Asian Manual Diamond Hone Sharpener
Chefs Choice has mastered the art of honing the most versatile tools within a kitchen, i.e. knives to assist household cooks or pro-chefs in a brilliant way. With their manual and electric sharpeners to deliver unmatched sharpness for different types of blades, the Pronto diamond hone sharpener is a favorite pick to maintain the sharpness for widely used santoku knives in Asian kitchens. It is also a wonderful alternative to sharpen sushi and sashimi knives with thin blades and ultra-fine sharp edges to easily cut through fibrous and non-fibrous meats & foods such as fish filets.
It works on 2 stages, with one for sharpening the blade followed by honing it for a smooth burr-free edge for an exceptionally sharp blade.
Other astounding features of the accessory in an impressive red & black housing are delineated as follows:
- Designed to hone & sharpen kitchen knives with precise edge angle of 20 degrees for criss-cross and serrated knives as well as santoku knives which are primarily used in Asian kitchens
- Stage 1: Manual sharpening for the edge to set the initial bevel using abrasive wheel coated with larger diamonds
- Stage 2: Manual sharpening to hone the blade with second bevel for an ultra-sharp, long-lasting and shaped edge using micron-sized-diamonds
- Seamless sharpening: Equipped with efficient CrissCross® sharpening technology for an extremely sharp edge with lots of "bite"
- Unique sharpening blades: 100% diamond abrasives coated disks to sharpen the blades
- Multifunctional: Can be used for sharpening criss cross and serrated edge knives with 20 degree bevel angle
- Compatibility: Several knives such as chef’s, bread, hunting, fillet, pocket & sports knives can be sharpened for double bevel and specially designed for santoku knives with hollow grounds
- Contoured handle: Compact size sharpener has a curved handle which allows it to rest firmly on counters and flat surfaces for holding safely & neatly while sharpening
- 1 piece Chef’s Choice M463 Pronto Diamond Hone Santoku Knife Sharpener with Instruction Manual
- Material Used: Diamond coated discs in plastic housing
- Dimensions: 8œ x 2-1/8 x 2Ÿ Inches
- Weight: 0.32 lbs
- Warranty: 1 year limited lifetime warranty cover
Tips for Usage & Care:
- Do not add honing oil or water while sharpening knives with Pronto Diamond Hone sharpener
- Stroke knife gently as instructed in the manual for stage 1 and stage 2
- Insert only clean & thoroughly dried knives in the slot
- Do not use ceramic knives, scissors, kitchen shears or blades that do not fit sharpening slots freely
- Wipe exterior body with a damp cloth, never immerse the sharpener in water or any other liquids
- Remove accumulated metal dust from clean-out cover from sharpener’s underside and wipe with paper towel and brush
Chef’s Choice Pronto Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener Model 463 is neatly packed & shipped within a shockproof corrugated box.