Shun 9 Inch Blue Slicing Knife
Shun Japanese knives adhere the world class razor sharp blades designed to address the oriental and continental kitchens essentials with unique aesthetics. The speciality of knives from Shun includes tools for slicing, chopping, dicing, mincing and boning. Also honing tools and cuttings boards are a plus extension of must haves for ideal kitchens.
This slicing knife with blade measuring 9 inches and a pointed tip is made from blue carbon steel cutting core in a san mai technique, with stainless steel clad over the blade from both sides.
Made by Shun on the preferences of award-winning chef, Chris Cosentino, this knife is ideal to slice the large size meats in single stroke with neatness.
Slicing large vegetables is extremely easy with its modified pakkawood handle design in an angular way.
The main features of the product are:
- Razor sharp cutting core made from blue carbon steel and rust free stainless steel clad on it
- Ideal for slicing large size meats and vegetables smoothly in one stroke with precision
- Mirror finish sharp blade forged from one solid piece of "Blue carbon steel"
- Hand crafted knife featuring extremely sharp 16 degree cutting edges
- Impressive & comfortable handle made of resin-impregnated charcoal Pakkawood, for strength and prevention from moisture
- Traditional Japanese style Saya or sheath is provided to protect the edges of the blade
- Wide bolster shaped handle ensures perfect grip & control, and reduces forearm fatigue
- Limited lifetime warranty, subjected to care norms
- Made in Seki, Japan
- Weight: 363 gm
- Dimensions: 45 x 7.6 x 3.3 cm
- Material Used: Blue carbon steel blade and Pakkawood resin-impregnated handle
Tips for Use:
- Hand-wash recommended with non-acidic dish washing soap for protecting the sharpness of the edges
- Immediate rinsing and drying with absorbent cloth is required after use to prevent from micro-corrosion, store neatly at a safe place
- Grit combination whetstone and shun honing steel recommended for sharpening & honing the steel blade
- Blade is covered finely in a black case with knife in place. Shipping Weight: 363 gm