Shun Classic 8 Inch Hollow Ground Chefs Knife
A must have in the kitchen, the Shun Classic 8-Inch Hollow-Ground Chef's Knife is your go-to knife for accomplishing several of your cutting tasks. With the distinctive feature of hollow ground indentations that help in releasing foods from the blade while also aiding cutting by creating air pockets, this Chef’s knife lets you glide through every cut. The curved belly lets you rock the knife gradually through fresh herbs and spices so that you can mince them finely. The Damascus clad blade is crafted from Shun’s patened VD-MAX steel that is enveloped with 32 layers of stainless steel that combine to reveal a flowing pattern of layered steel.
The offset steel bolster aids a comfortable grip, promotes balance and protects the fingers from getting hurt. With a 16 degree cutting angle on each side of the blade, making quick and precise strokes is very easy. The D-shaped Pakkawood handle is ebony black in color and is contoured thoughtfully to fit the palm perfectly to make griping and use smooth. Finished using your knife to dice the veggies? Wash it with hand and leave it to dry. The Shun Classic 8-Inch Hollow-Ground Chef's Knife works for years on the trot to make quick work of your routine cutting tasks when you want to prepare healthy recipes for your loved ones.
Key Features of the Shun Classic 8-Inch Hollow-Ground Chef's Knife:
- Damascus-Clad Blade: Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel is enveloped with 32 layers of Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel
- Highly Versatile: perfect for slicing, dicing, and chopping small to medium sized fruits and vegetables, and more
- Intelligent Design: features hollow indentations on the side of the blade that create air pockets to reduce friction while cutting and release foods from the blade
- Curved Belly: allows you to gently rock through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince
- Comfortable Offset Steel Bolster: adds balance and protects fingers
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side of the Blade: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Durable D-shaped Pakkawood Handle: fits in the palm superbly for excellent comfort and control; NSF certified
- Rockwell Hardness of 60-61°: ensures the longevity of the edge
- Piece Count: 1
- Blade Material: VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side
- Handle Material: PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); D-Shaped handle available in right and (by special order) left-handed versions
- Blade Length: 8"
- Dimensions: 15" x 5" x 3"
- Cleaning: Hand wash recommended
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan