Shun Premier 7 Inch Sumo Santoku
The Shun Premier 7 Inch Sumo Santoku takes this traditional Japanese phenomenon to an all new level. What makes it a cut above the other Santokus is its wider design which lets you slice, dice and chop a full range of vegetables, meats, and poultry neatly and effortlessly. The relatively wide design also simplifies cutting of larger or thicker foods such as potatoes or jicama and lets you transfer cut foods from board to the pan or bowl quite easily. A premium VG-MAX steel core is enveloped with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side to compose its highly tough and durable blade.
The hammered finish fills the blade with a distinctive look while the multiple hollow-ground cavities reduce friction while cutting. The walnut PakkaWood handle is designed to fit your palm amazingly so that you continue getting excellent stability and comfort even after using this knife for hours. The 16° cutting angle on each side of makes no compromise as far as sharpness is concerned; it is ready to work wonders right out of the box. Add to that a Rockwell hardness 60-61° and you can rest assured that this sharpness will continue delighting you for a long time. The Shun Premier 7 Inch Sumo Santoku is an absolute frontrunner of highly effective Japanese cutlery.
Key Features of the Shun Premier 7 Inch Sumo Santoku:
- Damascus-Clad Blade: Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel core is enveloped with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side for excellent strength and flexibility
- Multi Functional: lets you slice and chop a full range of vegetables, meats, and poultry with a lot of ease
- Wider Than Standard Santoku: makes it easier to cut through larger or thicker foods, such as potatoes or jicama
- Intelligently Designed: lets you transfer cut food from board to pan smoothly
- Hammered Finish: gives the knife a distinctive look besides hollow-ground cavities which reduce drag while cutting
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side of the Blade: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Durable Pakkawood Handle: fits in the palm fabulously, offers stability and comfort
- Rockwell Hardness of 60-61°: ensures longevity of the edge
- Piece Count: 1
- Blade Material: VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side
- Handle Material: PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); oblong ambidextrous handles
- Blade Length: 7"
- Dimensions: 12 4/5" x 9/10" x 2 2/5"
- Cleaning: Hand wash and air drying recommended
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan