Shun Sora 8 Inch Chefs Knife
Give your kitchen incomparable performance with the Shun Sora 8 Inch Chef's Knife. A great representation of the finest Japanese cutlery traditions, this knife is a true workhorse for any kind of food preparation. The biggest highlight of the knife is Shun's proprietary composite blade technology that blends superior VG10 San Mai edge with a high-quality, mirror-polished 420J stainless steel upper. This design incorporates the most impactful material at the right place, the edge. This blended blade adds a lot of value because of its properties like sturdiness, durability and sharpness. Furthermore, the joint is braze-welded in place and is finished with an exquisite wavy pattern that brings in a lot of elegance.
Curved slightly lesser than a Western chef's knife, this marvelous knife makes a better contact with the cutting board, which allows optimal output for each cut. A relatively gentle roll off the tip makes it even more advantageous as it ensures that the blade needs to be lifted less making cutting more efficient and seamless. Thanks to the 16° cutting angle on each side, you will get matchless cutting precision each time. The Shun Sora 8 Inch Chef's Knife is assembled with a textured TPE polymer handle that is easy to grip and increases balance and control.
Key Features of the Shun Sora 8 Inch Chef's Knife:
- Shun's Proprietary Composite Blade Technology: combines a VG10 San Mai edge with a mirror-polished 420J stainless steel upper for a rust-proof, sharp and durable edge; these two components are joined permanently with braze welding
- Multi-Functional: can be used for a wide variety of cutting tasks
- Intelligent Design: features a lesser curve than a western chef's knife which establishes contact with the cutting board along more of its length, so that more food is cut per slice
- Gentle Roll Off the Tip: needs to be lifted less, making cutting more efficient and seamless
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Textured TPE Polymer Handle: is highly durable, offers amazing balance, is easy to hold and grip
- Wavy Pattern at the Joint: inspired from traditional Japanese sword hamon lines, gives the knife an exquisite look
- Piece Count: 1
- Blade Material: Composite steel (VG10 san mai cutting core and 420J stainless steel blade upper)
- Handle Material: Textured PP/TPE polymer blend
- Size: 8"
- Dimensions: 14" x 4/5" x 2"
- Weight: 6.6 oz.
- Cleaning: Hand wash recommended
- Made in Japan