Shun Sora 7 Inch Hollow Ground Santoku
Get unmatched maneuverability with the Shun Sora 7 Inch Hollow-Ground Santoku. Inspired by traditional Japanese cutlery, this power-packed knife is preferred by chefs worldwide. Designed to be strategically shorter than a chef's knife, the Santoku offers enhanced agility and control. Shun's proprietary composite blade technology is what makes this knife truly outstanding. This technology blends VG10 San Mai edge with a mirror-polished 420J stainless steel upper to form a blade that will absolutely sway you with its strength, sharpness and corrosion resistance. The braze-welded joint not only offers durability but it also exudes undeniable elegance with its striking wavy pattern that resembles traditional Japanese sword hamon lines.
Apart from premium quality material, the blade also has some very smart design features. The hollow-ground indentations reduce friction a great deal and let you glide through the cut effortlessly. The blade also features an adequate belly curve to allow rocking cuts, thus making it even more versatile. You will absolutely love the cutting precision ensured by the 16° cutting angle on each side. The textured TPE polymer handle offers an easy to hold grip which will make food preparation tasks a breeze. The Shun Sora 7 Inch Hollow-Ground Santoku brings state-of-the-art features to you at a very economical price.
Key Features of the Shun Sora 7 Inch Hollow-Ground Santoku:
- Shun's Proprietary Composite Blade Technology: combines a VG10 San Mai edge with a mirror-polished 420J stainless steel upper for a rust-proof, sharp and durable edge; these two components are joined permanently with a braze welding
- Multi-Functional: can be used for a wide variety of basic cutting tasks
- Intelligent Design: with the belly curve enabling rocking cuts
- Hollow-Ground Indentations: reduce friction and let you glide through the cut effortlessly; prevent parts of food from sticking to the blade
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Textured TPE Polymer Handle: is highly durable, offers amazing balance, is easy to hold and grip
- Wavy Pattern at the Joint: inspired from traditional Japanese sword hamon lines, gives the knife an exquisite look
- Piece Count: 1
- Blade Material: Composite steel (VG10 san mai cutting core and 420J stainless steel blade upper)
- Handle Material: Textured PP/TPE polymer blend
- Size: 7"
- Dimensions: 13" x 4/5" x 2"
- Weight: 6.2 oz.
- Cleaning: Hand wash recommended
- Made in Japan