Global SAI Bread Knife – 17 cm
Use the Global Knives Sai Bread Knife-17cm, one of the best knives in the market, to cut through crusty loaves of bread without damaging the soft interior. Technically a bread knife has a serrated blade and is specially designed for slicing crusty breads and rolls. The blade is serrated to avoid damaging the soft, pillowy insides of breads. The Global Knives brand is an international phenomenon and can be found in the kitchens of many professional chefs and home cooks alike. A knife designer from Japan, Komin Yamada, started making these knives in 1985, when he was asked to design something that could be used by amateurs and pros. As the culinary world developed and advanced, the knife designer was asked to create something to cater to the modern chefs. That was the beginning of the Sai line of knives.
All the knives in this line have an ergonomic handle that eases the stress on the hands of the user. In keeping with Japanese tradition, all the knives also feature seven dots on the handle. These dots represent the seven virtues of samurai warriors. Made in Japan, the body of this bread knife is made from 3-Ply CrMoVa 18 stainless steel. This special material makes the knife strong, sturdy, and safe from corrosion. Another important feature of this knife and all others in the line is the hammered blade finish. This makes the knife look very sleek and stylish while creating air pockets between the food and the blade. These air pockets prevent the food from sticking to the knife and make the cleaning process easier. In order to care for this knife, all you need to do is wash it by hand, with mild soaps only, wipe dry with a clean towel, and remember to store it in a drawer, away from the reach of your kids. Keep in mind that this knife should not be put in a dishwasher as the harsh detergents and extreme heat can cause damage to the body and blade of the Global Knives Sai Bread Knife - 17cm.
Key Features of the Global Knives Sai Bread Knife - 17cm:
- Stylish, Ergonomic Handle: provides maximum comfort and safety during use
- 7 Dots Along the Handle: emphasize the 7 virtues of the samurai
- 3-Ply CrMoVa 18 Stainless Steel Body: provides hardness to maintain a strong edge that is surrounded by layers of softer, corrosion resistant stainless steel
- Hammered Blade Finish: provides a stylish look while creating small air pockets between the chopped food to reduce sticking
- Seamless, All Stainless Steel Construction: helps avoid food and dirt being trapped and offers high level of safety and hygiene
- L: 17cm
- Made in Japan