Guede Alpha Barrel Oak Chef's Paring Knife
All pieces in the Alpha Barrel Oak series are hand forged from a single piece of corrosion-resistant chrome molybdenum vanadium knife steel and are then further perfected in more than 40 mostly manual process steps. Guede created this series for wine lovers and cooking enthusiasts. A choice that is reflected in the handle grips: crafted from seasoned oak taken from wine barrels over eighty years old, this historical wood is both beautiful and indestructible. Because the stainless steel blade is ice-hardened and hand sharpened, the knife is not dishwasher safe.
Guede is known for forging top quality knives in small lots in the German city of Solingen, following the traditions of the old art of making knives that have given Solingen its world renowned reputation. Guede knives have won numerous design awards and are loved by chefs and knife aficionados all over the world.
Key features of the Guede Alpha Barrel Oak Chef's Paring Knife:
- Hand Forged from a single piece of chrome molybdenum vanadium knife steel
- Barrel Oak Wooden Handle: design, history, strength
- Winner of the Reddot Design Award
- Blade Material: chrome molybdenum vanadium knife steel
- Handle Material: Barrel Oak
- Blade Length: 13cm (5")
- Handles are not dishwasher safe – clean your knife with a damp cloth after each use.