Shun 4.5 Inch Blue Honesuki Knife
Shun Japanese knives adhere the world class razor sharp blades designed to address the oriental and continental kitchens essentials with aesthetics.
This honesuki knife, with blade measuring 4½ inches is designed exclusively for boning the meats and fishes neatly with its traditional triangular shaped blade. The san mai construction / sandwiched steel is apparently the most striking feature of this knife. The Pakkawood angular handle delivers superior control with sharp blade of blue steel.
The main features of the product are:
- Right angled blade measuring 4½ inches is crafted with blue carbon steel in a san mai construction with wide cutting edge, perfect for boning the meats with triangular blade
- Razor sharp edge of wide blade with pointed tip is perfect for boning the fishes and meats neatly, efficient in piercing through the cartilage and bones
- Japanese style sheath/saya comes along with the knife, to protect the blades sharpness
- Mirror finish sharp blade forged from one solid piece of "blue carbon steel"
- Hand crafted knife featuring extremely sharp 16 degree cutting edges
- Impressive & comfortable angular handle made of resin-impregnated Pakkawood, for strength and prevention from moisture
- Wide bolster shaped handle ensures perfect grip & control, and reduces forearm fatigue
- Limited lifetime warranty, subjected to care norms
- Weight: 3.4 Ounces
- Dimensions: 9.4 x 0.8 x 1.4 inches
- Material Used: Blue steel cutting core blade made from blue grained steel and angular Pakkawood resin-impregnated handle
Tips for Use:
- Hand-wash recommended with non-acidic dish washing soap for protecting the sharpness of the edges
- Immediate rinsing and drying with absorbent cloth is required after use to prevent from micro-corrosion, store neatly at a safe place
- Grit combination whetstone and shun honing steel recommended for sharpening & honing the steel blade
- Blade is covered finely in a Japanese style saya / sheath to protect the edges. Shipping Weight: 5.6 Ounces