Shun 7 Inch Blue Menkiri Knife
Shun Japanese knives, experts in designing world class knives with unique aesthetics to appeal the preferences of exclusive chefs from oriental and continental kitchens. This state of the art knife with blade measuring 7 inches is an exclusive menkiri knife, meant to cut the noodles with straight cuts.
Blue grained steel cutting core of blue carbon steel with stainless steel in a san mai technique/ sandwiched pattern with razor sharp blade is long lasting.
The main features of the product are:
- Blue grained steel cutting core in a stainless steel clad in san mai techqniue blade is unique with its block design and razor sharp edge, meant for giving straight cuts to the noodles
- A classic Japanese style sheath or saya is provided with knife to protect the sharpness of the blade’s edge
- Mirror finish sharp blade forged from one solid piece of "Blue carbon steel"
- Hand crafted knife featuring extremely sharp 16 degree cutting edges
- Impressive & comfortable handle made of resin-impregnated Pakkawood, for strength and prevention from moisture
- Wide bolster shaped handle ensures perfect grip & control, and reduces forearm fatigue
- Limited lifetime warranty, subjected to care norms
- Weight: 9 Ounces
- Dimensions: 8.4 x 0.6 x 3.5 inches
- Material Used: VG10 super steel blade and Pakkawood resin-impregnated handle
Tips for Use:
- Hand-wash recommended with non-acidic dish washing soap for protecting the sharpness of the edges
- Immediate rinsing and drying with absorbent cloth is required after use to prevent from micro-corrosion, store neatly at a safe place
- Grit combination whetstone and shun honing steel recommended for sharpening & honing the steel blade
- A Japanese style sheath or saya is provided with the knife to protect the sharpness of the edge. Shipping Weight: 1.3 Pounds