Shun Classic 10 Inch Chefs Knife
For the chefs who prefer additional knife length for taking on big kitchen jobs, the Shun Classic 10-in. Chef's Knife is an absolute marvel. This amazing kitchen knife offers all-round abilities to execute a vast range of cutting tasks such as slicing, dicing, and chopping. What makes it really effective for big cutting jobs is the additional length of the blade. A true representation of fine Japanese cutlery techniques, the outstanding blade is the biggest highlight of this knife. Shun's extraordinary high-performance VG-MAX steel is enveloped with 32 layers of Damascus stainless steel before being thoroughly processed to produce a blade which will thrill every chef with its sharpness and strength.
A 16° cutting angle on each side of the blade is another valuable feature as it brings plenty of precision over every cut. Designed skillfully using highly durable PakkaWood, the D-shaped handle will fit the contours of your hand unlike any other to render an amazingly comfortable grip. Furthermore, the comfortable offset steel bolster adds further balance and also protects your fingers adequately. Measuring 60-61° on the Rockwell hardness scale, this knife will delight you with its razor-sharp edge for a really long time. The Shun Classic 10-in. Chef's Knife is backed by a limited lifetime warranty which conveys how durable it is.
Key Features of the Shun Classic 10-in. Chef's Knife:
- Damascus-Clad Blade: Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel is enveloped with 32 layers of Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel
- Multi-Functional: highly effective for a wide variety of cutting tasks such as slicing, dicing, and chopping all kinds of food
- Slightly Longer Blade Design: offers added leverage for cutting larger foods, also allows you to cut multiple food items with fewer strokes
- Comfortable Offset Steel Bolster: adds balance and protects fingers
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side of the Blade: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Durable D-shaped Pakkawood Handle: fits in the palm superbly for excellent comfort and control; NSF certified
- Rockwell Hardness of 60-61°: ensures longevity of the edge
- Piece Count: 1
- Blade Material: VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side
- Handle Material: PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); D-Shaped handle available in right and (by special order) left-handed versions
- Blade Length: 10"
- Dimensions: 16 4/5" x 3 1/10" x 1"
- Weight: 8.8 oz.
- Cleaning: Hand wash recommended
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan