Shun Classic 4 Inch Paring Knife
Another example of Shun's unbeatable workmanship, the Shun Classic 4-In. Paring Knife is a valuable kitchen tool. This excellent kitchen knife is a real specialist for even the most complicated of paring tasks in the kitchen. Thanks to a slightly longer design, this knife is totally capable of peeling and trimming even larger fruits and vegetables. What makes its performance extraordinary is the ultra-modern Damascus-clad blade. Shun's special high-performance VG-MAX steel is enveloped with 32 layers of Damascus stainless steel and then processed thoroughly to form a blade which offers a high degree of strength, rust-resistance and sharpness.
Built with the highly durable PakkaWood, the D-shaped handle fits in your palm flawlessly to provide superior comfort and control while you chop small foods. The handle is NSF certified which means it uses food safe materials that do not pose any health hazards. If you're looking for precision, then you'll absolutely love the 16° cutting angle on each side of the blade. The Rockwell hardness of 60-61° is a credible assurance of the long-life of this knife's edge. The Shun Classic 4-in. Paring Knife is impressively sharp, reliably durable and strikingly elegant.
Key Features of the Shun Classic 4-in. Paring Knife:
- Damascus-Clad Blade: Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel is enveloped with 32 layers of Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel
- Multi-Functional: highly recommended for all kinds of paring tasks and chopping small foods such as garlic cloves or ginger against a cutting board
- Intelligent Design: the added length of this knife makes it easy to peel and trim even larger fruits and vegetables such as extra-large potatoes or apple
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side of the Blade: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Durable D-shaped Pakkawood Handle: fits in the palm superbly for excellent comfort and control; NSF certified
- Rockwell Hardness of 60-61°: ensures the longevity of the edge
- Piece Count: 1
- Blade Material: VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side
- Handle Material: PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); D-Shaped handle available in right and (by special order) left-handed versions
- Blade Length: 4"
- Dimensions: 11 3/5" x 2 2/5" x 4/5"
- Weight: 4.8 oz.
- Cleaning: Hand wash recommended
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan