Shun Classic 6 Inch Chefs Knife
Your search for a small yet agile knife ends at the Shun Classic 6-Inch Chef's Knife. Highly effective for all your everyday cutting chores, this remarkable knife will please every budding or professional chef. You can put it into action for slicing, dicing and chopping small to medium sized fruits and vegetables. The smartly designed blade is wide enough to keep your knuckles off the cutting board and lets you transfer cut food directly from the board to the pan with ease. Not only an ideal shape, this blade also features highly advanced material. Shun's high-performance VG-MAX steel's is enveloped with 32 layers of Damascus stainless steel and then processed using reliable techniques to make this blade astonishingly sharp, tough and rust-proof.
Paired with a fantastic PakkaWood D-shaped handle, this amazing knife offers great stability and comfort. Not only that, with a comfortable offset steel bolster, you will get enhanced balance and control leading to excellent cutting performance. A 16° cutting angle on each side of the blade ensures plenty of precision to give you the desired cutting results each time. If that’s not all; this outstanding knife measures 60-61° on the Rockwell hardness scale which is an adequate assurance of the long-life of its sharpness. The Shun Classic 6-Inch Chef's Knife also offers a distinctive look thanks to the striking flowing pattern on the blade.
Key Features of the Shun Classic 6-Inch Chef's Knife:
- Damascus-Clad Blade: Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel is enveloped with 32 layers of Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel
- Highly Versatile: perfect for slicing, dicing, and chopping small to medium sized fruits and vegetables
- Intelligent Design: features a wide blade that keeps knuckles off the cutting board and helps you transfer cut food from board to pan, the curved belly allows you to gently rock through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince
- Comfortable Offset Steel Bolster: adds balance and protects fingers
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side of the Blade: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Durable D-shaped Pakkawood Handle: fits in the palm superbly for excellent comfort and control; NSF certified
- Rockwell Hardness of 60-61°: ensures longevity of the edge
- Piece Count: 1
- Blade Material: VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side
- Handle Material: PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); D-Shaped handle available in right and (by special order) left-handed versions
- Blade Length: 6"
- Dimensions: 11 3/5" x 2 1/2" x 4/5"
- Cleaning: Hand wash recommended
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan