Shun Classic 7 Inch Flexible Fillet Knife
The speciality of oriental and continental kitchens is addressed by sea food with special adherence to fish and sushi. Shun Japanese knives are experts in the special handcrafted state of the art tools to address the needs of such kitchens.
This classic flexible fillet knife with SG10 super steel blade measuring 7 inches is designed for making paper thin fish fillets and shaving other large size meats such as beef with precision.
With 32 layers of high carbon stainless steel on its blade, this knife has an impressive ladder pattern Damascus look. Superior control is achieved on the tool by strong, laminated Pakkaowood handle.
The main features of the product are:
- Razor sharp blade with pointed tip, measuring 7 inches is made of VG10 steel with 32 layers of high carbon steel
- Knife is ideal for making paper thin fish fillets, sushi making and shaving other meats
- Mirror finish sharp blade forged from one solid piece of "SG10 Super Steel"
- Hand crafted knife featuring extremely sharp 16 degree cutting edges
- Black laminated, impressive & comfortable handle made of Pakkawood, for strength and prevention from moisture
- Wide bolster shaped handle ensures perfect grip & control, and reduces forearm fatigue
- Limited lifetime warranty, subjected to care norms
- Weight: 3.4 ounces
- Dimensions: 12 x 0.8 x 1.5 inches
- Material Used: VG10 super steel blade and black laminated Pakkawood resin-impregnated handle
Tips for Use:
- Hand-wash recommended with non-acidic dish washing soap for protecting the sharpness of the edges
- Immediate rinsing and drying with absorbent cloth is required after use to prevent from micro-corrosion, store neatly at a safe place
- Grit combination whetstone and shun honing steel recommended for sharpening & honing the steel blade
- Blade is covered finely in a black case with knife in place. Shipping Weight: 8 ounces