Shun Classic 7 Inch Hollow Ground Santoku
The most popular Japanese knife, the Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Santoku is great for a variety of cutting tasks. The word "Santoku" translates as "three virtues" which is why this versatile knife is highly recommended for perfect for three important functions, viz. slicing, dicing, and chopping. The Damascus-Clad blade makes this knife a cut above the rest. This impressively sharp blade is a result of Shun's extraordinary high-performance VG-MAX steel's cladding with 32 layers of Damascus stainless steel and further processing. This blade is a powerhouse of sharpness, strength and rust resistance.
For unbeatable cutting performance, the blade of this splendid knife features smartly placed hollow-ground indentations. These hollows offer multiple benefits including reduced friction and an ability to prevent parts of food from sticking to the blade. Thanks to a 16° cutting angle on each side of the blade, you will get all the precision you need to make flawless cuts and slices. Combining elegance with functionality is the highly durable PakkaWood D-shaped handle which will give you great comfort and control. To add to the balance, this knife features a comfortable offset bolster which not only aids cutting but also protects your fingers during the process. The Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Santoku has a Rockwell hardness of 60-61° which means its sharpness will last really long.
Key Features of the Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Santoku:
- Damascus-Clad Blade: Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel is enveloped with 32 layers of Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel
- Highly Versatile: perfect for slicing, dicing, and chopping vegetables, poultry and fish
- Hollow-Ground Indentations: reduce friction and let you glide through the cut effortlessly; prevents parts of food from sticking to the blade
- Comfortable Offset Steel Bolster: adds balance and protects fingers
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side of the Blade: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Durable D-shaped Pakkawood Handle: fits in the palm superbly for excellent comfort and control; NSF certified
- Rockwell Hardness of 60-61°: ensures the longevity of the edge
- Piece Count: 1
- Blade Material: VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side
- Handle Material: PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); D-Shaped handle available in right and (by special order) left-handed versions
- Blade Length: 7"
- Dimensions: 15 2/5" x 3 1/5" x 1 1/10"
- Cleaning: Hand wash recommended
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Named 2005’s Kitchen Knife of the Year
- Made in Japan