Shun Classic 8 Inch Chefs Knife
The Shun Classic 8-Inch Chef's Knife brings a functionality that you need and an elegance that you will love. When it comes to food preparation, there is hardly anything that this magnificent knife cannot help you with. For slicing, dicing and chopping small to medium sized fruits and vegetables, this knife is an absolute expert. The state-of-the-art Damascus clad blade makes it one of the most preferred chef's knives. Wrapped with 32 layers of Damascus stainless steel, Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel blade is ground and bead-blasted to deliver unbeatable power, sharpness and corrosion resistance. Besides superior material, this blade brings special design features as well. Wide enough, the blade keep your knuckles off the cutting board for efficient cutting and also lets you transfer cut food right from the board to the pan very smoothly. In addition, the curved belly allows you to gently rock through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince.
The highly durable PakkaWood D-shaped handle will fit the palm of your hand so fabulously that it will feel just like an extension of your hand. Add to that a comfortable offset steel bolster and you will get tremendous balance and control over each cut. A 16° cutting angle on each side of the blade means ample precision which will never let you go wrong while working on those intricate recipes. With a Rockwell hardness 60-61°, this knife ensures a long-lived sharpness. The Shun Classic 8-Inch Chef's Knife offers amazing stability, sharpness and durability.
Key Features of the Shun Classic 8-Inch Chef's Knife:
- Damascus-Clad Blade: Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel is enveloped with 32 layers of Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel
- Highly Versatile: perfect for slicing, dicing, and chopping small to medium sized fruits and vegetables
- Intelligent Design: features a wide blade that keeps knuckles off the cutting board and helps you transfer cut food from board to pan, the curved belly allows you to gently rock through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince
- Comfortable Offset Steel Bolster: adds balance and protects fingers
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side of the Blade: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Durable D-shaped Pakkawood Handle: fits in the palm superbly for excellent comfort and control; NSF certified
- Rockwell Hardness of 60-61°: ensures the longevity of the edge
- Piece Count: 1
- Blade Material: VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side
- Handle Material: PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); D-Shaped handle available in right and (by special order) left-handed versions
- Blade Length: 8"
- Dimensions: 15" x 5" x 3"
- Cleaning: Hand wash recommended
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan