Shun Dual Core 8 Inch Kiritsuke Knife
Shun Japanese knives, not less than a world class craftsman of razor sharp knives, inheriting the skills of swords making from ancient Japan, deliver each product with unique aesthetics.
This Kiritsuke knife, with blade measuring 8 inches is designed to adhere the respect of exclusive chef in the kitchen. With long blade of high carbon and high chromium steel (VG10 and VG2) steel cutting core, this knife turns strikingly impressive with laminations of stainless steel clad in layers.
Precise, neat and efficient with octagonal shaped ebony pakkawood handle to ensure superior control on the knife is its unique feature. It comes with a Japanese style sheath/ saya to protect the sharpness of the edges from moisture and dirt traps.
The main features of the product are:
- Razor sharp blade measuring 8 inches is perfect to perform all the tasks of an exclusive chef in the kitchen
- Pointed tip design with solid octagonal handle and san mai blade made of high carbon and high chromium steel in a herringbone pattern clad over with laminations is ideal to perform slicing, dicing, chopping etc neatly
- Japanese sheath / saya along with knife is provided, to protect the edges and retain long lasting sharpness
- Mirror finish sharp blade forged from one solid piece of "VG10 & VG2 high chromium and high carbon steel"
- Hand crafted knife featuring extremely sharp 16 degree cutting edges
- Impressive & comfortable octagonal shaped handle made of Ebony Pakkawood, for strength and prevention from moisture
- Wide bolster shaped handle ensures perfect grip & control, and reduces forearm fatigue
- Limited lifetime warranty, subjected to care norms
- Dimensions: Blade measures 8 inches
- Material Used: VG10 and VG2 high carbon and high chromium steel blade and ebony Pakkawood resin-impregnated handle
Tips for Use:
- Hand-wash recommended with non-acidic dish washing soap for protecting the sharpness of the edges
- Immediate rinsing and drying with absorbent cloth is required after use to prevent from micro-corrosion, store neatly at a safe place
- Grit combination whetstone and shun honing steel recommended for sharpening & honing the steel blade
- A Japanese sheath/saya is provided with knife to protect the blade and sharpness of the edge.