Shun Premier 10 Inch Chefs Knife
The Shun Premier 10-Inch Chef's Knife brings together features and material that every chef can rely upon. Featuring a thinner blade and a longer cutting edge, this power-packed kitchen knife is an ideal companion for a wide variety of food preparation tasks such as slicing, dicing, and chopping medium to large-sized fruits, vegetables, and more. What makes this knife one of the best in class is its extraordinary blade. Formed with a combination of superior VG-MAX steel core and 32 layers of SUS410/SUS431 pattern Damascus stainless steel, this blade is a true representation of power and endurance.
Thanks to the walnut PakkaWood handle, you will enjoy a grip which stays stable, comfortable and safe even through an extensive use. Also known as the 'Tsuchime' technique, the hammered finish gives hollow-ground cavities to the blade which keeps friction to a minimum while cutting, thus ensuring a seamless cutting performance. With a slight belly curve, this marvelous knife allows smooth rocking cuts and with the added width, it makes transferring cut food a snap. The 16° cutting angle on each side of the blade gives you a sharpness that will surely blow your mind. What's more, a Rockwell hardness 60-61° makes sure that this impressive edge is not short-lived. The Shun Premier 10-Inch Chef's Knife also features an impeccable wavy pattern which resembles the exquisite hamon lines of samurai swords.
Key Features of the Shun Premier 10-Inch Chef's Knife:
- Damascus-Clad Blade: Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel core is enveloped with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side for excellent strength and flexibility
- Wavy Pattern: formed at the joint lends an exquisite look
- 10" Length: is perfect for slicing, dicing, and chopping medium to large sized fruits, vegetables, and other foods
- Intelligently Designed: the slight belly curve enables to a down-and-forward cutting motion (push cut) and the wide blade keeps knuckles off the cutting board and is extra handy when transferring cut food from board to pan
- Hammered Finish: gives the knife a distinctive look besides hollow-ground cavities which reduce drag while cutting
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side of the Blade: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Durable Pakkawood Handle: fits in the palm fabulously, offers stability and comfort
- Rockwell Hardness of 60-61°: ensures the longevity of the edge
- Piece Count: 1
- Blade Material: VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side
- Handle Material: PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); oblong ambidextrous handles
- Blade Length: 10"
- Dimensions: 15 1/2" x 2" x 9/10"
- Cleaning: Hand wash and air drying recommended
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan