Shun Premier 4 Inch Paring Knife
Retaining the sheen and performance of stainless steel for ages, the Shun Premier 4 Inch Paring Knife will serve in your kitchen for years on the trot. The four inch blade stays sharper much longer than the competition. Great for a variety of food preparation tasks such as peeling, trimming, making decorative cuts, or chopping small foods like garlic or shallots, the paring knife is suitably sized to give you complete cutting control. The thin, lightweight blade and razor sharp edge make it easy to perform any task with utmost precision. The Damascus clad blade shows off Shun Cutlery’s high performing VG-MAX steel core and is enveloped with 16 layers of Damascus stainless steel on both the sides for exceptional resilience and flexibility.
A hammered finish lends a unique look while the hollow ground cavities cut down the drag when the knife is in operation. With a 16 degree cutting angle on each side of the blade, you can cut the foods easily and more precisely than a non-angled one. The handle shows a durable Pakkawood construction that fits the palm really well for sturdy support and comfort. Along with an undulating line similar to a hamon near the edge of the blade where the steels meet, the Shun Premier 4 Inch Paring Knife renders a true tsuchime finish, while the embossed cap lends balance and durability.
Key Features of the Shun Premier 4 Inch Paring Knife:
- Damascus-Clad Blade: Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel core is enveloped with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side for excellent strength and flexibility
- 4" Length: gives you absolute cutting control for trimming, peeling, making decorative cuts or chopping small foods like garlic and shallots
- Intelligently Designed: with a thin, lightweight blade and a razor-sharp edge to make paring tasks quick and easy
- Hammered Finish: gives the knife a distinctive look besides hollow-ground cavities which reduce drag while cutting
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side of the Blade: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Durable Pakkawood Handle: is contoured to fit in the palm fabulously, offers stability and comfort
- Rockwell Hardness of 60-61°: ensures the longevity of the edge
- Piece Count: 1
- Blade Material: VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side
- Handle Material: PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); oblong ambidextrous handles
- Blade Length: 4"
- Dimensions: 15" x 4" x 2"
- Cleaning: Hand wash and air drying recommended
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan