Shun Premier 6.5 Inch Utility Knife
A part of the excellent Premier series, the Shun Premier 6.5 Inch Utility Knife is designed to impress. Thanks to its intelligent size, this knife will help you with a wide variety of medium cutting tasks. Featuring a cutting core of high-performance VG-MAX steel, the blade is clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side. This marvelous clad construction results in a blade that is filled with tremendous strength, edge-retention and corrosion resistance. The wavy pattern formed at the joint of the blade comes quite close to hamon lines seen on samurai swords giving it an attractive look.
The hammered finish, also known as the 'Tsuchime' technique, creates hollow-ground indentations on the blade which reduce drag while cutting to give you seamless performance. The walnut PakkaWood handle is designed to fit your hand efficiently to give you superior grip and stability. A 16° cutting angle on each side of the blade means remarkable sharpness right out of the box. The Rockwell hardness 60-61° ensures that this sharpness will continue to fascinate you for a really long time. The Shun Premier 6.5 Inch Utility Knife brings you the best of traditional Japanese style of knife-making.
Key Features of the Shun Premier 6.5 Inch Utility Knife:
- Damascus-Clad Blade: Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel core is enveloped with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side for excellent strength and flexibility
- Wavy Pattern: formed at the joint lends an exquisite look
- Highly Versatile: perfect for trimming broccoli, green beans and other tasks that require precision
- Intelligently Sized: offers just the right size for medium cutting tasks between a Chef’s knife and paring knife
- Hammered Finish: gives the knife a distinctive look besides hollow-ground cavities which reduce drag while cutting
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side of the Blade: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Durable Pakkawood Handle: fits in the palm fabulously, offers stability and comfort
- Rockwell Hardness of 60-61°: ensures the longevity of the edge
- Piece Count: 1
- Blade Material: VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side
- Handle Material: PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); oblong ambidextrous handles
- Size: Due to the handcrafted nature of this knife, blade length can vary from 6-1/4 inches to 6-1/2 inches
- Dimensions: 10 4/5" x 3/5" x 1 1/5"
- Cleaning: Hand wash and air drying recommended
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan