Shun Premier 6 Inch Boning / Fillet Knife
Shun Japanese knives, from the makers of finest Japanese cutlery with sharp edges and unmatched aesthetics deliver each knife with uttermost handcrafted perfection.
The speciality of oriental kitchens, especially Japan is marked by a variety of fish foods on the table. The famous sushi and other foods are well embarked by Japanese tools and essentials in the kitchen. This premier boning & fillet knife with a curved edge and pointed end is designed to get close to the bone while boning it in a neat way and slicing precise, clean fillets.
With blade measuring 6 inches, and smooth contours of an impressive handle with superior control, the sliced outcome makes it a must have kitchen tool.
The main features of the product are:
- Curved, neat, pointed thin blade measuring 6 inches for precise fillet slicing and boning
- Air pockets are created with hammered "tsuchime" finish, to reduce knife dragging
- Mirror finish sharp blade forged from one solid piece of "VGMAX Steel"
- Hand crafted knife featuring extremely sharp 16 degree cutting edges
- Impressive & comfortable handle made of resin-impregnated Pakkawood, for strength and prevention from moisture
- Wide bolster shaped handle ensures perfect grip & control, and reduces forearm fatigue
- Lifetime warranty, subjected to care norms
- Dimensions: Blade length : 6 inches / 15.2 cm
- Material Used: VGMAX cutting core steel blade, clad with 34 layers of Damascus cladding on each side (68 in total) and walnut Pakkawood resin-impregnated handle
Tips for Use:
- Hand-wash recommended with non-acidic dish washing soap for protecting the sharpness of the edges
- Immediate rinsing and drying with absorbent cloth is required after use to prevent from micro-corrosion, store neatly at a safe place
- Grit combination whetstone and shun honing steel recommended for sharpening & honing the steel blade
Blade is covered finely in a black case with knife in place.