Shun Premier 6 Inch Chefs Knife
Small in size yet absolutely agile to let you complete your culinary preparation tasks with ease, the Shun Premier 6 Inch Chef’s Knife is any avid cook’s delight. Designed to be lightweight, this chef’s knife performs all your slicing, dicing and chopping tasks to perfection and with a great degree of control. Every knife from the premier house of Shun Curtlery is a sheer work of art and precision, which takes at least a 100 steps before the finished product is ready. The Damascus clad stainless steel blade imparts good strength to keep it durable through daily use. the thin and lightweight blade has an intricately designed sharp edge that does not give way too soon to the chopping tasks.
An undulating line near the edge of the blade where the steels meet is similar to the hamon that is formed when Samurai swords are tempered. The durable Pakkawood handle shows off a walnut finish and rests comfortably in your handle while you maneuver it on the cutting board to get the veggies ready for dinner in a jiffy. The hammered tsuchime finish shows a series of hollow-ground cavities that minimize the drag during the cutting tasks. Certainly an enviable choice among the chef’s, the Shun Premier 6 Inch Chef’s Knife is a nimble yet sturdy piece of cutlery that makes life a lot easier in the kitchen.
Key Features of the Shun Premier 6 Inch Chef’s Knife:
- Damascus-Clad Blade: Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel core is enveloped with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side for excellent strength and flexibility
- 6" Length: gives you absolute cutting control for slicing, dicing, chopping and cutting through herbs
- Intelligently Designed: with a thin, lightweight blade and a razor-sharp edge to make paring cutting quick and easy
- Hammered Finish: gives the knife a distinctive look besides hollow-ground cavities which reduce drag while cutting
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side of the Blade: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Durable Pakkawood Handle: is contoured to fit in the palm fabulously, offers stability and comfort
- Rockwell Hardness of 60-61°: ensures the longevity of the edge
- Piece Count: 1
- Handle Color: Walnut
- Blade Material: VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side
- Handle Material: PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); oblong ambidextrous handles
- Blade Length: 6"
- Dimensions: 11" x 0.8" x 1.6"
- Cleaning: Hand wash and air drying recommended
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan