Shun Premier 7 Inch Santoku
A knife with several abilities, the Shun Premier 7 Inch Santoku Knife is a valuable kitchen staple. This highly versatile kitchen tool can be set in motion to chop, cube, slice, dice, and do a lot more for preparing all kinds of Asian and Western cuisines. A cutting core made with premium VG-MAX steel is clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side to build this santoku's blade. This "Kasumi" technique of knife-making results in an incredibly tough and resilient blade. Besides the strength, the blade also flaunts an unmistakable charm with its wavy pattern which will remind you of the hamon lines of samurai swords.
Thanks to a 16° cutting angle on each side of the blade, you will get an impressive sharpness right out of the box. On top of that, a Rockwell hardness 60-61° ensures an edge that you can rely upon for a really long time. The 'Tsuchime' hammered finish gives the knife the quintessential Japanese look and creates hollow-ground cavities on the blade which very efficiently reduce drag while cutting. In addition, the slight belly curve enables you to enjoy an easy down-and-forward cutting motion to get great cutting results. The walnut PakkaWood handle is shaped to fit the contours of your hand naturally leading to an easy, stable and balanced grip. The Shun Premier 7 Inch Santoku Knife is one of the best examples of immaculate Japanese cutlery traditions.
Key Features of the Kai Shun Premier 7-Inch Santoku:
- Damascus-Clad Blade: Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel core is enveloped with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side for excellent strength and flexibility
- Wavy Pattern: formed at the joint lends an exquisite look
- Highly Versatile: perfect for slicing, dicing, and chopping vegetables, poultry and fish
- Intelligently Designed: the slight belly curve enables to a down-and-forward cutting motion (push cut)
- Hammered Finish: gives the knife a distinctive look besides hollow-ground cavities which reduce drag while cutting
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side of the Blade: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Durable Pakkawood Handle: fits in the palm fabulously, offers stability and comfort
- Rockwell Hardness of 60-61°: ensures the longevity of the edge
- Piece Count: 1
- Blade Material: VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side
- Handle Material: PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); oblong ambidextrous handles
- Blade Length: 7"
- Dimensions: 12 1/5" x 4/5" x 1 4/5"
- Cleaning: Hand wash and air drying recommended
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan