Shun Premier 8 Inch Chefs Knife
Destined to become your most used knife in the kitchen, the Shun Premier 8 Inch Chef’s Knife feel like an extension of your own arm. Despite a lightweight design, the knife is agile enough to let you perform like a pro. The handle grip is comfortable so that you can hold it and apply the right pressure to make chopping easy. The Damascus clad blade has the high-performance VG-MAX steel construction enveloped with 16 layers of Damascus stainless steel on each side for great strength and flexibility. With a wavy pattern formed at the joints of the steels, your knife makes a wonderful presentation. Employ it for slicing, dicing and chopping a complete range of fruits, vegetables and other foods. The wide blade works very well in keeping your knuckles off the cutting board and is also very helpful when you want to transfer cut food from the board to the pan.
With a curved belly, this Chef’s knife creates a gentle rocking movement on the herbs or spices so that you get a fine mince. The hammered finish lends a distinctive look to the knife while the hollow ground cavities keep the drag to a minimum during cutting and chopping activities. Handcrafted to precision, this knife undergoes more than a 100 procedures before the end product is ready for use. The durable Pakkawood handle is contoured to fit your hand perfectly and offer good stability and comfort to take you through your cutting activities with ease. Keep the Shun Premier 8 Inch Chef’s Knife within easy reach because you will need it more frequently than any other to ease your chopping chores in the kitchen.
Key Features of the Shun Premier 8 Inch Chef’s Knife:
- Damascus-Clad Blade: Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel core is enveloped with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side for excellent strength and flexibility
- Wavy Pattern: formed at the joint lends an exquisite look
- Highly Versatile: perfect for slicing, dicing, and chopping a full range of vegetables, fruits and other foods
- Wide Blade: Keeps knuckles off the chopping board and helps in transferring cut food from the board to the pan
- Intelligently Designed: the curved belly creates a gentle rocking movement on herbs or spices for creating a fine mince
- Hammered Finish: gives the knife a distinctive look besides hollow-ground cavities which reduce drag while cutting
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side of the Blade: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Durable Pakkawood Handle: fits in the palm fabulously, offers stability and comfort
- Rockwell Hardness of 60-61°: ensures the longevity of the edge
- Piece Count: 1
- Blade Material: VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side
- Handle Material: PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); oblong ambidextrous handles
- Blade Length: 8"
- Dimensions: 13.2" x 0.8" x 1.8"
- Cleaning: Hand wash and air drying recommended
- Color: Walnut
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan