Shun Premier 8 Inch Kiritsuke Knife
Shun Japanese knives, not less than a world class craftsman of razor sharp knives, inheriting the skills of swords making from ancient Japan; deliver each product with unique aesthetics.
This Kiritsuke knife, with blade measuring 8 inches is designed to match the preferences of exclusive chef in the kitchen. With rust free tsuchime finish (hand hammered) blade of VG MAX steel cutting core, this knife turns strikingly impressive with laminations of stainless steel clad in 34 layers each side.
Precise, neat and efficient with D shaped contoured walnut pakkawood handle to ensure superior control on the knife is its unique feature.
It comes with a Japanese style sheath / saya to protect the sharpness of the edges from moisture and dirt traps.
The main features of the product are:
- Razor sharp blade measuring 8 inches is perfect to perform all the tasks of an exclusive chef in the kitchen such as slicing, dicing, chopping and mincing
- Pointed tip design with solid D shaped handle and hand hammered blade of tsuchime finish, VG MAX steel has 34 layers clad over blade.
- Japanese sheath / saya along with the knife is provided, to protect the edges and retain long lasting sharpness
- Mirror finish sharp blade forged from one solid piece of "VG MAX steel"
- Hand crafted knife featuring extremely sharp 16 degree cutting edges
- Impressive & comfortable D shaped handle made of walnut Pakkawood, for strength and prevention from moisture
- Wide bolster shaped handle ensures perfect grip & control, and reduces forearm fatigue
- Limited lifetime warranty, subjected to care norms
- Dimensions: Blade measures 8 inches
- Material Used: VG MAX steel cutting core and 34 layers clad of stainless steel with walnut Pakkawood resin-impregnated handle
Tips for Use:
- Hand-wash recommended with non-acidic dish washing soap for protecting the sharpness of the edges
- Immediate rinsing and drying with absorbent cloth is required after use to prevent from micro-corrosion, store neatly at a safe place
- Grit combination whetstone and shun honing steel recommended for sharpening & honing the steel blade
- A Japanese sheath/saya is provided with knife to protect the blade and sharpness of the edge.