Shun Premier 9 Inch Combination Honing Steel
Shun Japanese knives, from the makers of finest Japanese cutlery with sharp edges and unmatched aesthetics deliver each knife with uttermost handcrafted perfection. Shun knives are experts for designing exceptional knives for oriental and continental kitchens. To maintain the razor sharp blades performing outstandingly, Shun designs impressive honing tools as well to keep up with the quality of knives blade and its sharpness. This 9 inch honing steel is designed exclusively for premiere Shun knives, with a stainless steel mirror finish pointed tip to rest the honing knife. With comfortable D-shaped pakkawood handle, this tool is a must for kitchens for all Shun knives.
The main features of the product are:
- Classic combination honing steel material of the sharpener makes it an ideal sharpening tool for Shun knives
- Honing the steel is easy, neat and comfortable with the steel. It requires placing the steel tip on a hard surface, followed by pulling the knife blade on it from heel to tip 3-4 times from both the sides.
- Mirror finish pointed tip of stainless steel makes it comfortable to rest the tool on a platform and hone the blade
- Impressive & comfortable D-shaped handle made of resin-impregnated Pakkawood, for strength and prevention from moisture
- Wide bolster shaped handle ensures perfect grip & control, and reduces forearm fatigue
- Limited lifetime warranty, subjected to care norms
- Dimensions: 13.8 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches
- Material Used: VG10 super steel blade and Pakkawood resin-impregnated handle.
Tips for Use:
- Hand-wash recommended with non-acidic dish washing soap for protecting the sharpness of the edges
- Immediate rinsing and drying with absorbent cloth is required after use to prevent from micro-corrosion, store neatly at a safe place
- Grit combination whetstone and shun honing steel recommended for sharpening & honing the steel blade
- Blade is covered finely in a black case with knife in place.