Shun Reserve 6 Inch Serrated Utility Knife
Bundling precision and control in one, the Shun Reserve 6 Inch Serrated Utility Knife is designed with a slightly heavier weight to provide the power you need for cutting through foods with ease. With a size that fits somewhere in between a chef’s knife and a paring knife, this lovely knife can be put to a host of uses. It works great for foods that have tough skins but are soft inside. What make this knife stand out are the serrations on the blade edge. The bade is narrower with a bit of a curve, which only minimizes the effort you would require to cut through veggies such as tomatoes and some of the fruits. The Damascus clad blade has an SG2 cutting core clad with 64 layers of nickel silver/stainless steel ladder Damascus for a wonderful cutting performance.
A full tang, riveted construction makes sure that the blade is robust and provides the right amount of power. The ultra-fine grained steel blade easily sharpens to a razor-like 16° angle. Handcrafted in Japan, this utility knife is the perfect complement of the Japanese precision cutting blades that deliver the strength and well-balanced weight of a western-style knife. With an eye-pleasing twin color Pakkawood handle with inlaid mosaic crest, the Shun Reserve 6 Inch Serrated Utility Knife gives you an unfaltering grip that makes it perform well through several years of use.
Key Features of the Shun Reserve 6 Inch Serrated Utility Knife:
- Damascus-Clad Blade: features an SG2 cutting core clad with 32 layers of nickel silver/stainless steel "ladder" Damascus on each side for excellent strength and flexibility
- Narrow Blade and Slight Curve: makes it ideal for foods with tough skins and soft interiors viz. tomatoes and some fruits
- Full Tang: adds the right amount of weight to give you the desired power and precision
- 16 Degree Cutting Angle On Each Side of the Blade: lets you cut easily and with great precision
- Charcoal & Crimson PakkaWood Handle with Inlaid Mosaic Crest: fits in the hand fabulously for a comfortable grip
- Piece Count: 1
- Blade Material: SG2 cutting core, 32 layers each side (64 total) nickel silver/stainless steel "ladder" Damascus
- Handle Material: Charcoal & crimson PakkaWood with inlaid mosaic crest
- Blade Length: 6"
- Dimensions: 10.4" x 0.7" x 1.1"
- Weight: 3.5 oz.
- Cleaning: Hand wash and air drying recommended
- Handcrafted in Japan